Sesamstrasse; Just in case you wondered whether this ever existed.
The real point of this post:
Recent discoveries and accomplishments:
- Some of Emily Dickinson’s poems are absolutely terrible. These, however make excellent country/gospel tunes; “If I could stop one heart from breaking,” is a good example.
- The Tale of Genji
- Red Guitar
- The Big Lebowski
- “Hillosophy” (folk wisdom, e.g. )
- Getting out of debt — the hard way.
- Purchase of a Victrola! A 1921 VV-50, currently on layaway. Suitcase model.
- Finally acknowledging my inherent materialism, and staging a personal revolution.
- Deduced the difference between kerning and tracking by accident when someone asked me what it was.
“Do your children enjoy jazz music? For I am here to tell you that Cab Calloway, Dizzy Gillespie, Duke Ellington and the whole weed-blowing, ginger-colored lot are merely masquerading as musicians and are in fact agents of evil. Reefer slows down the smokers’ sense of time, allowing them to squeeze in unnecessary “grace notes”, giving this voodoo music the power to hypnotize white women into indulging in unspeakable acts of degradation.”